No results found matching
- Double-check the link of the page
- Recheck the filters applied
- Visit link again
Running is one of the best types of exercise for physical and mental health. As well as getting your body moving and heart pumping, it also reduces stress and anxiety.
Before and after every run, it's important to relax your muscles by warming up and cooling down. Stretching will help you to reduce your risk of injury and maintain your performance.
It's also vital to stay hydrated while running, so it's recommended to carry a flask or hydration pack on long runs and sip water regularly.
If you're a beginner, you shouldn't increase your speed or your distance too quickly. Gradually set your goals to progress step by step, so your muscles, heart, and mind can adjust. For example, you can increase your distance and speed in 10% increments.
Here are the different types of running races and events you can join:
- A fun run is often held for charity, and the distance is just 5 kilometers or less. This is a great starting point for beginners.
- A mini-marathon is for intermediate runners who've been jogging run for a while and need a challenge. Usually, this type of race is around 10 kilometers.
- A Half marathon is 21.1 kilometers, half the distance of a full marathon. For this type of race, runners have to prepare their bodies by training for at least 10 weeks.
- Once you've completed a half marathon, you can challenge yourself to a full marathon which is a distance of 42.195 kilometers.
- Ultra marathons are anything over 42.195 kilometers, and for advanced runners only. For experiences runners who have already completed marathons and want to take their performance to the next level, this is the ultimate challenge.
Kalenji and Kiprun by Decathlon provide a range of running shoes, apparel, and accessories for running.